Angela Richey
Angela was diagnosed with Cri du Chat in 1986. The journey has been incredible as we have learned about the challenges that came with Angela's birth. We learned that it was through unconditional love that she would learn, grow, and thrive and teach us what is really important - Love!
Her siblings deserve a great deal of credit for her progress as well as her happiness. Angela loves life and all it has to offer. She is always looking for things to do and ways to encourage others to do the same. We hope that her website helps families find hope to carry on.
Angela has had challenges with her vision, and just recently was able to adjust to soft contact lenses. She loves her new freedom and sees so much better. It has been a real blessing for her. She has also had challenges with her teeth over the years. Her dentist has been helping her so much and recently completed her bridgework. We are always learning more than we thought possible how to help Angela.
HI EVERYONE!! I am ANGELA RICHEY. I was born in 1986 and weighed 8 lbs and 2 ounces, was 20.50 inches long, and was a full-term baby. Before I was sent home, my mom suspected that there was a problem. Sure enough, testing was done on me and my parents because at birth I had skin tags, simian creases, cortical thumbs, low muscle tone, and an unusual cry. My parents soon found out that I was a member of a very exclusive group called Cri du Chat. They were told lots of scary things that made my mom cry. My mom didn’t think she would every smile again. The doctors told them that I would never walk or talk and would probably have to be in an institution. WELL, WERE THEY WRONG!! One part of my 5th chromosome was missing. The deletion was the distal half of the short arm. The doctors indicated that there was no evidence in my parents' test results, and that it was an unexplainable event that had occurred. With lots of love and help from my family, I can do many things and I am very happy! And just so you know, life is really good and I make my mom and dad laugh and smile ALL the time.
Let me introduce you to my family. I live at home with my mom and my dad , Stephen & Georgia Richey. I have two sisters, Natalie & Joanne, & five brothers - Carl, Keith, Craig and Ken (fraternal twins), and Ben who are all married. My brothers and sisters are so awesome. I was the last one to be born, so I am very lucky to have had lots of help from all of them. They have taught me so many things and I love them so much. They love me no matter what!! I am an aunt to 29 nieces and nephews and I have a great niece and two great nephews with a great niece due very soon. They are wonderful and they teach me so much.
I love all the children and the families that I meet at the 5P- Conferences. My three most favorite things at the conferences are swimming, dancing, and seeing the cute boys. I hope you get to come to the conferences where you will learn so much from the other families ! I love you all!! Bye now. Catch you later!!
Let me introduce you to my family. I live at home with my mom and my dad , Stephen & Georgia Richey. I have two sisters, Natalie & Joanne, & five brothers - Carl, Keith, Craig and Ken (fraternal twins), and Ben who are all married. My brothers and sisters are so awesome. I was the last one to be born, so I am very lucky to have had lots of help from all of them. They have taught me so many things and I love them so much. They love me no matter what!! I am an aunt to 29 nieces and nephews and I have a great niece and two great nephews with a great niece due very soon. They are wonderful and they teach me so much.
I love all the children and the families that I meet at the 5P- Conferences. My three most favorite things at the conferences are swimming, dancing, and seeing the cute boys. I hope you get to come to the conferences where you will learn so much from the other families ! I love you all!! Bye now. Catch you later!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go Angela! I love the way you've updated the blog. It looks great!
Post a Comment